With a LinkedIn profile, there is the opportunity to:
- To brand yourself professionally through your profile picture, headline, and professional summary;
- To gain an understanding of your presence online and your professional network, including mutual connections;
- To establish reliable social proof by demonstrating where your community thinks you excel (endorsements, recommendations);
- To provide a vision of what it is like to work with you through your professional summary and also recommendations (both given and received);
- To efficiently lay the foundation for a career pivot, promotion or other job change;
- To personally and intentionally direct the focus and outcome of your career.
- To strategically and effectively grow your professional network and access new and exciting opportunities.
LinkedIn provides a platform to create a personal professional narrative that tells folks what you CAN do and WILL do in the future, whereas a resume primarily recounts your past.